Chasing the Sky
Chasing the Sky is a five piece pop-rock band from Grand Rapids, Michigan. The band’s music has been called “well-crafted” and “terrific” (John Sinkevics, The Grand Rapids Press), “Impressive” (West Michigan Noise), and a musical effort that you “should not miss” (Melanie Coker, Behind the Velvet Curtain).
The band draws influences from the high energy of modern pop-punk such as Amber Pacific or Jimmy Eat World, the raw sensibilities of ’90s rock acts like Third Eye Blind, and the devotion to human spirit of indie artists like Brand New. Chasing the Sky aim not to reinvent the genre but simply to write fun, catchy songs that can easily double as the soundtrack to some of the most intimate moments of your life.
“The Empty Chair –EP”, the debut album from Chasing the Sky, has garnered fans from across the globe. The album’s singles “Beautiful, Broken Thing” and “Satellites” can be heard everywhere from pop-radio stations, to independent films and documentaries.
You can purchase “The Empty Chair” on iTunes or in hardcopy at chasingthesky.com.
1. Glee / Chevy commercial - Glee behind the scenes Chevrolet – online only – aired post-super bowl 2011 - (Featured Beautiful, Broken Thing) – 2011 - instrumental – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66jmiolRZFQ
2. Western Digital – (Featured Beautiful, Broken Thing) – instrumental – 2001 – online only http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Tza0M5X_OY
3. GR30K – Local Grand Rapids Film – (Featured Satellites) – 2010
4. Is Everybody Happy – Independent Film out of Los Angeles – (featuring William) instrumental – http://www.youtube.com/user/IsEverybodyHappyMov…
5. "We Were Lost, We Were Free – Breast Cancer Benefit Album" (Featured A Certain Degree) – 2010